Fresh Flesh The Official Website
Thank you for checking out the Todd Russell Fresh Flesh fan area. Here you'll find
behind the scenes bonus material for the psychological thriller horror novel Fresh Flesh that washed ashore 9-29-2011. by
Todd Russell. Learn about other stories in the Fan VIP area.
Fan to-do list
1. 'Like' the Todd Russell Facebook Fan Page
. Once done, you'll unlock a special fan-only
welcome page with special coupon codes and links for saving money on books by Todd Russell.
2. Subscribe to the direct from the author Todd Russell Newsletter (see below) to be priority notified when new books are available.
Read Fresh Flesh excerpts
New 12/11/11! Excerpt #7
- Amazing clearing.
- Meet the rescuer.
- A woman washes ashore.
- A beautiful woman awakes to a stranger.
- Richard Templin is about to be executed.
Bonus short from the Fresh
universe: "Kollection Collection"
- A woman screaming in the deep woods draws a man to a horrific scene.
31 day countdown of facts about Fresh Flesh leading up to launch day.
Follow Todd on Twitter starting August 31, 2011 to learn each fact: @Todd_Russell
Live in person book signing with author Todd Russell
- Aug 30: #FreshFleshFact 31: Richard Templin scheduled to die October 17,1982 by #electrocution #horror bit.ly/rjP6g5
- Aug 31: #FreshFleshFact 30: "A work that took roughly 25 years of aging to come to fruition." + CONTEST bit.ly/qNGNEO #horror
- Sep 1: #FreshFleshFact 29: "A smoky haze, a shape entirely formless. Something fresh..." bit.ly/qXUoVC #horror #PsychologicalThriller
- Sep 2: #FreshFleshFact 28: A PAC-MAN maze for Fresh Flesh coming September 29, 2011: http://bit.ly/pv0w9h #games #horror
- Sep 3: #FreshFleshFact 27: "A severed hairy arm with a smashed, paper-thin hand, complete with five twisted digits." http://bit.ly/qXUoVC #horror
- Sep 4: #FreshFleshFact 26: "There is a place on earth where unrestrained evil flourishes..." bit.ly/jfD3HU #PsychologicalThriller
- Sep 5: #FreshFleshFact 25: Villainous Kyle 'Kollector' Roberts appears in flash fiction "Kollection Collection" bit.ly/mU1gWp #horror
- Sep 6: #FreshFleshFact 24: "He had the unpleasant odor of dead fish; a salty, dank scent" bit.ly/ocxTPJ #horror #excerpt
- Sep 7: #FreshFleshFact 23: "She told herself it wasn't the man who frightened her. It was his grotesque debilitating body." bit.ly/pqGgpK
- Sep 8: #FreshFleshFact 22: The official webpage is updated regularly with bonus FRESH material, see bit.ly/oAoMUB #horror
- Sep 9: #FreshFleshFact 21: Enter FREE to win a signed paperback of Fresh Flesh bit.ly/qrG6V4 #horror #contest
- Sep 10: #FreshFleshFact 20: Rough draft first query letter sent to prospective agent February 17,1989: They wanted to see more bit.ly/osTJo7
- Sep 11: #FreshFleshFact 19: February 28, 1989 agent responds to query letter. Let's see more: http://toddrwrite.com/fresh/flesh/2-28-89-agent-1st-response.jpg #horror
- Sep 12: #FreshFleshFact 18: March 4,1989: Response to agent, synopsis and sample chapters used capitalized words vs. italics http://bit.ly/qH9yvL
- Sep 13: #FreshFleshFact 17: What does the writing work log look like for the first draft? See: http://bit.ly/qd12hQ #horror #novel #writing
- Sep 14: #FreshFleshFact 16: "We would like to see the remainder of the manuscript to seriously consider for representation." http://bit.ly/nWM3Li
- Sep 15: #FreshFleshFact 15: May 19,1989 agent response letter to full reading, offering representation! http://bit.ly/oPJb4F
- Sep 16: #FreshFleshFact 14: Aug 2, 1989 - Second draft edit done, letter sent back to agent bit.ly/qFTcct
- Sep 17: #FreshFleshFact 13: Unboxing the paperback proof for the first time #video bit.ly/ng7MwJ #PsychologicalThriller #horror
- Sep 18: #FreshFleshFact 12: Read excerpt - Alone: "...something rustling in the bushes nearby." http://bit.ly/nCG7vL #SampleSunday #horror
- Sep 19: #FreshFleshFact 11: Originally written as a standalone novel but during the 2011 draft future story ideas emerged http://bit.ly/nSteZB #horror
- Sep 20: #FreshFleshFact 10: First draft work log shows incorrect completion date. Actual year was 1989: http://bit.ly/qOuzkp #horror
- Sep 21: #FreshFleshFact 9: 10/24/89 Agent: "An...editor at Dell feels you write like Stephen King as Richard Bachman" http://bit.ly/piKEKk #horror
- Sep 22: #FreshFleshFact 8: In 1989 six photocopies of the original manuscript cost $65.48, see receipt: bit.ly/qln45e #horror
- Sep 23: #FreshFleshFact 7: Character Saruwatari Naoki's ???? name means "monkey on a crossing bridge" and "honest wood"
- Sep 24: #FreshFleshFact 6: In the first two drafts the exact coordinates of the island were shared.
- Sep 25: #FreshFleshFact 5: Torque is paroled on Valentine's Day 1992 and looks for love and trouble #SampleSunday bit.ly/nqRre3
- Sep 26: #FreshFleshFact 4: Latin phrase "De mortuis nil nisi bonum" (do not speak ill of the dead) changed to a Japanese phrase in the final draft
- Sep 27: #FreshFleshFact 3: I've known one of the proofreaders since 1994. She didn't know I wrote this book until 2011.
- Sep 28: #FreshFleshFact 2: One of the people the book is dedicated to flew 25 #WWII B-17 bomber missions. He read the book in 1990 and died in 2000
- Sep 29, 2011 Fresh Flesh now available!
When: November 11-12, 2011 11am-3pm PST
Where: Orting Eagles #3480
112 Bridge St S
Orting, WA 98360
Details: RSVP via Goodreads
Thank you to all those that came out!
Have you bought the Kindle version of Fresh Flesh
? Get it autographed here
Copyright 2011 Todd Russell All Rights Reserved (contact Todd Russell)